Artisan Camp - Silversmithing Essentials
Woodforida 8:00am - 5:00pm
Art, General Interest, Music, Hobbies, Social, Special Interest
87 Woodrow Road
Woodford, Queensland, 4514
Explore the art of ring and pendant making in this three-day intensive masterclass. Participants will learn a myriad of essential techniques including annealing, sawing, filing, forming, silver braising, creating bezel settings for gemstones, setting gemstones in a bezel setting, sanding and polishing procedures.
At the completion of the class you will have created three items of sterling silver jewellery.
- A set of three sterling silver stacker rings with individual textures.
- In this session participants create three rings, gaining hand skills such as applying texture.
- Create a stone-set sterling silver ring.
- Participants create a ring and a Bezel setting using a gemstone of choice.
- Create a sterling silver stone set leaf pendant (based on a leaf found at Woodfordia).
- Participants choose a leaf from site, and create a pendant. In this processes participants will gain knowledge in sawing techniques as you learn to place a gemstone in a bezel setting.
All materials included in class price. Learn more about RABKA Gold & Silversmiths.
Payment plan available.
Artisan Camp, a range of distinctive classes led by masters of their craft, is held each year leading up to our annual Planting festival at the stunning Woodfordia festival site. Complimentary morning yoga, meal packages and half price Planting tickets are available for Artisan Campees.
For a full list of masterclasses available, booking and more information, please visit artisancamp.com.
The Artisan Camp is followed by The Planting, to which campers get half price tickets.