Jewellery Making, Gold & Silversmithing for Beginners
Sunshine Coast Community College 1:00pm - 4:45pm
Peregian Beach Community House
255 David Low Way
Peregian Beach, Queensland, 4573
People travel from all over the country to learn from expert Jeweller and teacher Eckart Schilling, the Sunshine Coast is privileged to have such accessible talent on our doorstep. Students will enjoy the rustic workshop where all focus is on the art of Gold and Silversmithing. Students will create a silver ring with or without a cabochon stone depending on your artistic vision. Generally students take home 2 pieces by the end of the course depending on the progress of each students piece and ability.
The materials covered include:
- Silver, copper or you could bring your own precious metals to use
- Cabochon stone which is stone such as Opal, Turquoise, Onyx, Moonstone or Star Gemstone that is slightly rounded with a convex top
- Students may bring their own stones to set
This course will take you from being a novice to taking home up to 2 finished pieces during the 4 weeks. The sense of accomplishment and new found skills can take you down many artistic or professional paths:
- First step in becoming an apprentice Jeweller
- Start of a learning journey to make and sell your own jewellery
- Make and gift jewellery to loved ones
- Continue with more advanced courses with Eckart
Or you may simply enjoy the art of learning something new and making new friends.
Find out more and enrol here.
The Sunshine Coast Community College is the hub for short-courses on the coast.
To see the full range visit our website.