Sunshine Coast CycleFest
Sunshine Coast 6:00am - 3:00pm
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
The second inaugural GIANT Sunshine Coast CycleFest will be held on the 24th and 25th of September 2016. The Sunshine Coast is regarded by amateur and professional riders alike, as a haven for cycling for its quality roads, minimal traffic and natural beauty. 2016 has seen the event grow to include the Queensland Road Team Series event. Up to 1000 professional & amateur cyclists will take part in the weekend’s activities, which include:
- Coast Life Homes Mountain Challenge (Palmwoods to Montville 8km TT open to the public)
- 2016 QRTS Grand Prix Criterion Event
- WIN NEWS Gran Fondo (100km ride open to the public)
- Men's Open Road Race (125km)
- Women's Open Road Race (95km)
- Maroochy RSL Piccolo Fondo (25km) (open to the public)
A CycleVillage will run all weekend at Cotton Tree Park where riders can collect their race packs and the public are welcome to check out the entertainment, visit stall holders and take part in demonstrations.
This is a not-for-profit event raising funds for Sands QLD, which provides essential support services to those families who experience the death of a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth, newborn death or other pregnancy losses.
The event marks the start of the Sunshine Coast Council’s annual bike week, an awareness campaign for all residents of the region.