Noosa Arts Theatre Inc
Address:163 Weyba Rd,Noosaville,Queensland4566
Noosa Arts Theatre is a community theatre whose aim is to encourage people to become involved in all aspects of theatrical work. The theatre usually stages five productions each year with a mix of drama, comedy and musicals. It also runs a national One-Act Playwriting Competition which culminates in the 3 finalists being performed in the One-Act Play Festival in June, which is part of the Noosa Longweekend.
The first constitution of Noosa Arts Theatre was adopted in 1971 and the theatre was incorporated on 17 April 1986. It leases land from the Queensland Government but owns its theatre premises at 163 Weyba Rd Noosaville.
In 2012 it undertook a major renovation of the theatre to upgrade its toilet and dressing room facilities and its foyer and courtyard. The theatre is air conditioned and has tiered, comfortable seating for 120 people.
David Williamson is the patron of the theatre.
Noosa Arts Theatre
- produces amateur plays and musicals in its own right;
- provides a platform for people to develop the full range of theatre skills
- facilitates acting classes and organises workshops
- encourages playwrights through its One Act Play Writing Festival;
- owns, maintains, upgrades and hires a local theatre venue
- enters into partnerships with other professional and amateur theatrical organisations;
- hosts a Men's Shed that focuses on theatre maintenance, set design and building etc
- provides opportunities for creative, team volunteering across a whole range of activities including management committee, acting, directing, front of house duties, bar, lighting and sound design and operating, publicity, stage managing, costume design and making, program design and production, etc
For more information about Noosa Arts Theatre visit www.noosaartstheatre.org.au and Facebook Page.
Noosa Arts Theatre is a member of the Sunshine Coast Theatre Alliance Inc, Visit the Alliance website for information about other member groups - http://www.livetheatre.com.au/